Granted a charter on February 21, 2008.
Daniel S. Parker, President
The Regional District Council''s goals are to create a harmonious feeling between the Local Unions and to settle all differences arising between them, to create a higher standard of skill, to secure adequate compensation for our work, to cultivate better relations between the Employers, to assist our members to secure employment and protect our members by legal and proper methods against any injustice that may be done to them, to improve the standard of living, moral and intellectual condition of our members and to establish uniform agreements for our industry.
UNION TOLL- FREE CONTACT INFORMATION
For Membership Status and General Questions contact the Regional District Council Office, Local Union No. 846 or Local Union No. 847 Call toll-free at 1 (866) 336-9163. PRESS 1 for LU 846 and PRESS 2 for LU 847
For Apprenticeship & Training contact the RDC Training Trust call toll-free at 1 (888) 738-2499
WHY should we care about Organizing?
- For STRENGTH. - It is a proven fact that we can accomplish much more by uniting together than individual workers can accomplish on their own. The more reinforcing workers we represent, the stronger we are.
- For IMPROVEMENTS- the UNION’s goal is to improve the wages, benefits and working conditions for ALL the workers.
What is the Union doing to Organize?
- The Iron Workers are currently involved in many regional organizing campaigns.
- All Locals are encouraged to Organize to the best of their ability.
- The success in organizing depends on every members involvement.
- If many of the members are willing to participate, we can accomplish much more than if we simply rely on the 2, 4, or 6 people that we have hired to work full-time for the Union. YOU are the UNION. You will help decide how successful we are.
Ironworkers Regional District Council
208 East New York Avenue; Deland, Florida, 32724